Friday, March 4, 2011

And on a sadder note. . .

Today would've been my brother's 25th birthday.  You know, if he hadn't gotten into a truck with a drunk driver and gotten himself killed. 

Things I'm NOT doing today in order to commemorate his birthday:

Going to Beal City.

Watching Bad Boys or Speed and reciting all the words.

Reading It Zwibble, the Star-Touched Dinosaur from memory.

Writing a heartfelt memorial tribute for the wedding program.

Drinking a Mt. Dew and Southern Comfort cocktail.

Checking the facebook group dedicated to him to see if any of his idiot friends remembered his birthday.  (Just kidding, totally just did that.)

Eating all the Oreos in the package but one.

Making knee-jerk decisions about going to law school or moving in with a moron.

Driving drunk.


Things I am doing, apparently:
Going shopping.
Cleaning my closet.

Writing a bitter, unfunny blog post.

Have a super awesome weekend! 
S. . .

4 comments:

  1. Hey Shena,
    I loved your blog post yesterday about the key jiggling. I will shop with you today in spirit! :o) Love you!

    P.S just eat all the oreos...why save one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blaiser! My brother would always eat all the oreos but leave one . . . perhaps so he would not be accused of eating all the oreos. haha. Love you too! Can't wait for 22 more days or something. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with blaise--eat the oreos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Death anniversaries suck. Birthdays of siblings who have died suck. Very sorry Shena. And yes, I realize this post was from back in March but I just happened up this blog for the first time and wanted to send you some love, from someone who totally 'gets it'.

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete