Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Allegedly Christian Skinny Bitch

Since B is over making magic happen (in the form of majorly creative endeavors such as yarn wreaths and cute little felties) at http://bcheniful.blogspot.com/, I will once again grace you with my presence.  And no, I'm not going to apologize for waiting four days, because this blog is NOT called "Sorry I Have a Life and Didn't Blog."  Word.


Now then.  It should probably be mentioned that I'm a skinny bitch now.  After the bar exam at the end of July, I joined Weight Watchers.  I was hesitant at first because well, WW is for fat chicks.  And if not for those inventions known as mirrors, cameras, and plus size jeans, I may never have gone.  But I did, and skinny bitch got a medal today for losing 51.4 pounds.  To celebrate, I bought a tiny dress, some tiny bikinis, and did a lap around the condo whilst dragging along one of JK's 50 pound dumbbell thingies.  You know, just to see how far I've come.  The point of this is, if you're fat, go to WW and get skinny.  There is no easier thing in life, and I don't feel bad that you're fat anymore because that's how easy it is to change (legitimate health problems other than rampant obesity obviously excepted).

On another note, I've noticed a strange phenomenon here in the upper bible belt, or the Bible FUPA, as I like to call it.  I keep being accused of being a Christian.  It usually happens when I'm working at the bookstore (as you'll recall, I am an underemployed lawyer taking it like a champ), and people come in and expect me to know the difference between bible versions (I can point them to a poster at the end of the aisle, FWIW).  Sometimes they also suggest that I should read intriguing titles such as "Heaven is for Real" or "The Shack."  Apparently they think because I am white, Midwestern, and polite, I must believe in jeebus too.  Or maybe they think I am a dirty goat-fucking Atheist (the sweater sets don't fool anyone, you see) and are trying to save me.  I don't assume that anyone I encounter is of a particular religion, so I find it rather presumptuous of strangers to accuse me of being Christian.  I've never been accused of being Muslim, Buddhist, or Jewish, BTW, which may be a proximity thing, since most of the population around here is actually Christian.  Just once I'd like to have some nice Jewish grandma tell me to read the Torah.  Fingers crossed.


S. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment